Yetis, also widely known as Tyrone are tameable creatures in Atlas.
Yetis are immediately aggressive and will trigger other, close-by Yetis to attack as well.
- Animal Meat
- Prime Animal Meat
- Mythos 5-11 each | Alpha drops 40-64 each (Higher levels drop more than lower levels)
- Requires Taming Tier 3 skill in the Beastmastery tree.
- No Saddle is required to ride.
Yetis that state they are "WILD" male or female can be tamed. Yetis that do not have "WILD" are mythical creatures and not tameable. Taming is done by lowering its health and using a bola to trap it, then feed it. They like Berries, Vegetables or syrups, and preferably Ice.
The pairing can only take place in the polar biome. Breeding can take place in polar or tundra biome.
The baby yeti is susceptible to temperatures above 0°C.
Gestation period for the Yeti is 6 hours 5 minutes.
Vegetables (pepper, potatoes, etc.) are recommended as food for the baby.
Time from baby to juvenile (10%) is 6 hours and 15 minutes Juveniles will eat from troughs from 10% maturation.
Yetis are very strong opponents, be careful. Sit on a boat in the water, the yeti will want to stay onshore instead of attacking you. (tested on a schooner) Shoot flame arrows at the ground where the yeti is standing.
Alternatively, you can fight them on a strong mount, such as a Bear.
- Primary Attack: Punch
- Secondary Attack: Ground Pound
- The Yeti pounds the ground, dealing a low amount of damage and applying the Chilled debuff which slows nearby enemies
Primarily found in the Polar regions.
- Yetis aggro at a decent range and do 80-90 dmg on unarmored targets.
- Yetis only spawn on the large polar islands, they don't seem to spawn on the small islands.
- As of the change to tames taking reduced damage, Yetis do significantly less damage. Alphas still hit like a truck though, and will likely hit for 40-50+ on a Bear, so be careful.