Insulation is a stat which represents the resistance to the environmental conditions of Atlas. The various armor types have a different values for insulation both for cold and hot. (i.e. Hypothermal Insulation, negating cold, and Hyperthermal Insulation, negating heat)
How Does it Work
- In the temperate regions of Atlas insulation is unnecessary.
- The hotter it gets, the more Hyperthermal Insulation is needed.
- Conversely the colder it gets, the more Hypothermal Insulation is needed.
- 30 Fortitude from Equilibrium is worth 50 Insulation.
- The default value for both Hyperthermal & Hypothermal insulation is zero.
Negates hot environment temperature, for cold see Hypothermal Insulation.
- If Hyperthermal Insulation is too low for the environment temperature, the pathfinder starts to dehydrate more rapidly than normal. If the level is extremely low for the temperature, the pathfinder starts to lose Health due to Hyperthermia.
- If Hyperthermal Insulation is high enough for the environment temperature, the pathfinder is able to regain Health.
Gaining Hyperthermal Insulation
- Increase Fortitude by investing attribute points in it.
- Hyperthermal Insulation on Cloth Armor, if not at hand, no armor is better then any other, because they decrease Hyperthermal Insulation.
- Armor crafted from Blueprints with Proccs in Hyperthermal Insulation, Fortitude
- Tames: Ride an Ostrich or keep a Parrot on your shoulder.
- Food: Spicy Roll negates heat.
- Stay away from Campfire, Torch or Forge
- Increase your wetness by submerging in water.
Negates cold environment temperature, for hot temperature see Hyperthermal Insulation
- All Armor increases Hypothermal Insulation
- If Hypothermal Insulation is too low for the environment temperature, the pathfinder starts to lose Food.
- If Hypothermal Insulation is extremely too low for the environment temperature, the pathfinder steadily loses Health due to Hypothermia.
Gaining Hypothermal Insulation
- Fortitude - Investing attribute points in it
- Hypothermal Insulation: Fur Armor has the highest amount
- Stand near a Campfire, Torch or Forge. Dry there when wet.
- Use tames: hug /stand near a Penguin, ride a Wolf for Insulation
- Food: Grog negates Cold
|Fortitude||Hypothermal Insulation||Hyperthermal Insulation|