Freeport are one of the region types found in ATLAS. When you create a new Pathfinder you will spawn in a Freeport region. Once a region is selected, an island is chosen either North, West, East or South islands. These islands are completely identical except for their geographical orientation and each is rotated based on its cardinal direction. Freeports are the intended starting area and are much easier to survive compared to other regions.
PVP is disabled in Freeports, the carnivorous animals are not as challenging, and resources are much more plentiful. Freeports only contain they the generic type of each resource, not important for a new players but Blueprints will not accept them.
Note: You cannot progress past level 8 while in a Freeport (some unofficial servers have this restriction disabled).
Once you have your first ship, it is wise to leave the Freeport region as soon as possible. Primarily because decay damage to Ships is much higher in a Freeport compared to Lawless or claimable regions.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Shipyardsman[edit | edit source]
The Shipyardsman is an important NPC, as he exchanges supplies for either a Raft or Ramshackle Sloop. It is advised to build a Simple Bed to place on your new sailing vessel. If you should meet your end at sea, this will allow you to respawn on your ship.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Ferryman - When spoken to allows travel between islands in the same freeport region. Currently, this is free to use.
- Cosmetics Vendor - Sells cosmetics for clothing, dyes, ship figureheads and monster taming tokens for Gold Coin.
- Crew Recruiter - Allows the recruitment of NPC crew for 5x Gold Coin.
- Resource Exchange - Exchanges one resource for another plus a small fee in Gold Coin.
- Seed Vendor - Sells Seeds for Gold Coin
Decay[edit | edit source]
As noted previously decay rate is much higher in these regions.
Example: a ramshackle sloop will decay within 7-8 hours without repair.
Sloop - 6 dmg/min
Schooner - 7 dmg/min
Brig - 8 dmg/min
Galleon - 10 dmg/min
Locations[edit | edit source]
Freeports can be found in these regions: