|This article is a work-in-progress.|
The content and format of this page may change drastically over the next few hours or days.
|This substance can be used to color certain items and structures.|
|Crafted in|| Cooking Pot |
|Crafting Yields||5 Pieces|
Coloring is used for coloring items in ATLAS.
Colorings currently act like a wood stain, applying a tint but leaving the natural color and texture visible. ATLAS promotional material suggests that bolder colorings may be planned. Note that not all colorings have been fully implemented during early access.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Note that each craft of Coloring consumes all the water in the container used. As a result, using Waterskins wastes less water.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Structures such as the Stone Floor or Wood Roof may be colored with a Paintbrush or Spray Painter. The front and rear faces of structures such as walls have different region numbers and thus can be painted with different colors.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The following image illustrates colored building structures.
Available Colors[edit | edit source]
The ARK Wiki has a color table available, as well.
Color Palettes for Image Editing Software[edit | edit source]
ATLAS_Adobe_Color_Palettes.zip contains three files to assist in creating images using the ATLAS colors:
- ATLAS_Adobe_Color_Table.act (use in Photoshop for creating indexed color images)
- ATLAS_Adobe_Swatches.ase (use to import color swatches into Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe software)
- ATLAS_Adobe_Illustrator_Colors.ai (an Adobe Illustrator file with all the colors)
Atlas-Game-Dye-Palette.gpl Color palette for use with GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program
Tattoos & Claim Flags[edit | edit source]
Tattoos[edit | edit source]
I think PlayAtlas has a very nice tutorial
Claim Flags[edit | edit source]
Anyone who has tried to convert a picture in Ark knows the easy way how to get a Claim Flag in ATLAS .
You need a picture with 256x256 Pixels.
The finished picture should be uploaded to a pnt converter or you can save the picture with your Program as a .pnt file.
You can also use the ARKpnt converter.
If you use the converter you need to download and save the file. For example, <Name>_ClaimingFlag_IslandSettlement_C.png
In the game directory "\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MyPaintings"
If everything went well, you should choose the painting when you use the brush to paint the flag.
File names[edit | edit source]
- Small sails and raft sail: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_SailGeneric_C.pnt
- Medium sails: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_SailDouble_C.pnt
- Large sails: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_SailTriple_C.pnt
- Claim flag: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_ClaimingFlag_IslandSettlement_C.pnt
- Custom flag: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_ClaimingFlag_IslandSettlement_C.pnt
- Wooden billboard: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_Sign_Large_Wood_C.pnt
- Wooden Buoy: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_Sign_Buoy_Wood_C.pnt
- Lighthouse: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_StructureBP_Lighthouse_C.pnt
- Small canvas: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_Sign_PaintingSmallCanvas_C.pnt
- Medium canvas: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_Sign_PaintingMediumCanvas_C.pnt
- Large canvas: [YOUR-CUSTOM-NAME]_Sign_PaintingLargeCanvas_C.pnt